Christmas Tree Cup Cozies!
Are you looking for a quick, easy project for the holiday season? The Christmas Tree Cup Cozy is a great festive holiday crochet pattern that beginners will love. This pattern is perfect for practicing basic, single crochet stitches, and can be completed quickly. You can even add some sparkle with sequins or beads, and a small star on top will complete the look.
Not only is the Christmas Tree Cup Cozy a fun and festive addition to your hot beverage container, but it also makes a great gift for family and friends during the holiday season! Whether you’re sipping hot cocoa or coffee, this cozy will add some holiday cheer to your day. With its easy-to-follow pattern and quick completion time, you can make several of these cozies in different colors to match your holiday decor or gift them to your loved ones. Try making one in pine green, gold, or silver and make a variety of gifts for your loved ones this winter.
- 4.5mm hook
- 25 – 30yds of yarn (Base color)
- 2yds of yarn (Tree color)
- Optional: 1 Festive Button
- Optional: Sewing Needle
- Optional: Sewing Thread
- We will be working in joined rounds, which means you will slip stitch and chain one at the end of each round.
- These are US terms
- Chain 35
- Create a loop by slip stitching into the last chain from your hook, then chain 1
- 1 single crochet stitch in each chain around, slip stitch to the start of the round, and chain 1
- Repeat the last step until you have 10 total rows.
Pause here, test the fit on your cup of choice. If it’s too small, you can go up a hook size and start again, OR start with a bigger starting chain in step 1. If you’re happy with the fit, continue to step 5.
- Slip stitch snugly in each stitch of the last row. This will be the bottom of the cozy. Test the fit on your cup again. If you’re happy with the fit, cut yarn and weave in the tail.
- Attach to the top of the cozy with a slip stitch. Then, one loose slip stitch in each stitch of the row. Test your fit. If you’re happy with the fit, cut yarn and weave in the tail.
- Using approx 2yds of your tree colored yarn, thread a yarn needle so that the yarn ends meet.
- Stitch a zig-zag pattern up the cup cozy, getting smaller as you go. Weave in the remaining yarn tail and trim any excess.
- Optional: Add a star, jingle bell, snowflake, etc. to top your tree. Even a heart or flower shape could work.
- You’re done!
How Simple Was That?
Now you have another quick, easy gift in your arsenal. And better still – it’s a great scrap buster, too! If you’ve seen any of my other freebie posts, you’ll know I’m all about using up those pesky scraps! And if you haven’t seen any of my other freebie posts, you are definitely missing out. I’ve got everything from decor, to accessories, to toy for kids. So don’t delay! Go check out all of my other freebie posts today!